• December 2, 2014 at 2:17 PM #153
    Profile photo of Acreo AeneasAcreo Aeneas
    Keymaster

I don’t know if any of you have been following the disaster over at Bukkit/Craftbukkit. Essentially every member of Mojang and the associated dev team for Bukkit messed up big time. To make matters worse, one of the Mojang members, on his own accord, sent to Google a digitally signed DMCA Takedown Notice for Bukkit downloads. The modded servers and essentially modding scene at Minecraft is dead until all of that is sorted out. Given how long since 1.8 has been released and while (hopefully) we still have access to our server, we need to do a few things:

1. I (might) have used WorldEdit to construct a bounding box of bedrock around the city. If so, these bedrocks walls below the earth need to be removed.
    2. We need to replace all blocks that are not vanilla Minecraft in all of our city with the appropriate vanilla blocks
    3. After all of that is accomplished, I’ll replace the server with Vanilla 1.8.

We’ll keep it vanilla without plugins or mods until the modding situation is resolved or at least until another project proves worthy (mention: Sponge).

• This topic was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Acreo Aeneas.
    December 6, 2014 at 9:50 AM #159
    Profile photo of Acreo AeneasAcreo Aeneas
    Keymaster

See the front page. Server updated to 1.8 “Bountiful Update”. The bullet points largely took care of themselves. I never constructed that bedrock bounding wall around the city. Grim probably slapped some sense into me when I ran the idea by him. The modded blocks are randomly replaced with other vanilla blocks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.